Ethnic men and women often have the inherited genetic bonus of thick, abundant hair. But hair can lose its strength and durability with time, age, or due to an illness.
You can use wigs or hair extensions to enhance your look, as many celebrities do. The use of wigs, one of Hollywood’s biggest style secrets, is becoming more and more accepted for everyday use. But keep in mind that some wigs, which may not be the best quality, can actually damage your scalp.
Do you have Ethnic hair and want to play up your best features while giving yourself a great new hairstyle? Try these eight tried-and-proven hair hacks.
8 Fab Tips for Ethnic Beauties
1. Sometimes, the best trick is not doing anything to your hair. Let your hair’s natural oils flow through your scalp, and wash only a couple of times a week.
2. If your hair is thinning on top, how can you create volume? Cutting bangs may be a bit drastic, so here’s how to fake a bang: Pull hair up from the ends of your pony tail behind your head, and pin it to the front of your forehead. Style it with a volumizing mousse to set the new fringe in place.
3. Ponytail varieties are playful and cute. But remember to use elastics and hair pins that don’t damage your hair — bands that have a covering, or scrunchies, for example.
4. Coconut oil is one of the best natural oils for a healthy scalp and hair growth. Run a bit through your roots, all the way down the length of your hair. You can even use the residue as a face and skin moisturizer. Coconut oil won’t feel sticky afterwards, and if you use it at night, you’ll feel a huge difference in the morning!
5. Don’t brush your hair when it’s wet. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers with leave-in conditioner, to prevent strands from being tugged at and broken.
6. Here’s an uncommon hair hack: If your hair is thinning at the parting on the scalp, fill in color with an eyebrow powder that matches your hair color using an eyebrow applicator brush.
7. Lace wigs are best when going for an all-natural look. Use a reputable manufacturer that only has good quality, and look for “virgin cuticle wigs” for the best tangle-free tresses. Transitions Of Wisconsin offers a variety of lace wigs and European Hair Wigs.
8. Our last tip is from gorgeous beauty Lucy Liu, who says she braids her hair to avoid frizz. Plus, she also uses Moroccan oil, and goes for a trim once a month.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any form of hair loss or balding, Transitions Of Wisconsin offers many options for hair replacement. If you’re interested in scheduling a free consultation, contact us today!