Summer’s almost here, which means its time to plan a vacation! Beach trips are a great way to get away during the warm months, and they also provide an excellent opportunity to relax. If you want to have a stress-free, low-maintenance beach vacay this year but still look great while you’re there, check out these four hot hairstyles. These looks are easy to style and will hold up in the salty seaside air.
The Tight Bun
When the weather’s hot, it feels great to get your hair off your neck. The tight bun hairstyle is a good way to put your hair up for both formal and casual occasions.
- Apply a protective hairspray into your damp hair.
- Gather your hair into a ponytail at the crown of your hair; then secure it with a thick elastic.
- Take the end of your ponytail and wrap the entire thing around the elastic until you’ve created a tight bun.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins.
You can take advantage of the salty, humid air and wear your hair wavy at the beach. This is a low-maintenance look that requires little upkeep.
- Wash your hair after you get out of the pool or ocean.
- Towel-dry your hair; then make four or five thick braids throughout your hair.
- Sleep with the braids in.
- In the morning, undo the braids and finger-comb your hair.
- Side Ponytail With a Twist
Putting your hair in a side ponytail is an easy solution when the weather is windy or you want to get your hair off of your face. This side ponytail with a twist offers an added dimension to the traditional style.
- Pull your hair into a low, side ponytail, and then secure the ponytail with an elastic.
- Create a hole in the hair directly above your ponytail by splitting it apart.
- Use one hand to hold the hole open, and then use the other hand to pull your ponytail through the hole from front to back.
- Grab a piece of hair from the ponytail and wrap around the hole and rubber band to cover them.
- Secure the piece of hair with a bobby pin, and you’re good to go.
One of the most popular hairstyles right now is the half bun, and wearing one is a great way to get some of your hair off your neck, while still getting to show off your beach waves.
- Gather the top half of your hair into a messy bun at the crown of your head and secure with an elastic.
- Use a 1-inch curling iron to create loose, messy curls with the remaining hair.
Summer is fast approaching and if you are suffering from hair loss or thinning hair that may hinder trying one of these hairstyles we invite you to meet privately with a professional Transitions of Wisconsin hair loss specialist. If you’re interested in scheduling a free consultation, contact us today!